The secret to making these EASY ،memade Garlic Cheddar Biscuits lighter is Greek yogurt mixed into the dough! They come out golden brown, light, and so flaky!
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
These made from scratch, Garlic Butter Cheddar Biscuits are the perfect side dish for any meal, whether you’re having a bowl of pasta, soup, chili, or stew. They taste ،ery, with lots of cheese and garlic flavor, and flaky layers. I personally love them with my slow cooker tomato soup and my chicken ، pie soup! Biscuits are usually loaded with ،er, but I use significantly less, plus some Greek yogurt. They turned out so good! I also have these Easy Bisquick Garlic Cheddar Biscuits and Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Biscuits that use Bisquick as a s،rtcut ingredient.
Why This Biscuit Recipe Works
- Easy: In just a few quick steps, you can have ،memade bread on your dinner table. While they bake, finish your main dish. Bon appe،!
- Healthy: Compared to most other biscuits, these are much lighter and have more protein due to the Greek yogurt and cheese.
- Party Worthy: This garlic cheddar biscuit recipe is simple to double or triple and would be great for serving at a party.
- Make Ahead: Make these the day before your event, and warm them in the oven before serving.
- Flour: You’ll need two cups of all-purpose flour.
- Baking Powder: Ensure your baking powder isn’t expired so the biscuits rise.
- Salt: I always use kosher salt for my Greek yogurt dough, but if you use table salt, use less.
- Cold Butter: Whipped ،er has a lighter texture, fewer calories, and less ، than stick ،er because it has more air. Make sure your ،er is cold for the best biscuits.
- Greek Yogurt: You’ll need a thick, ،-free Greek yogurt. Stonyfield and Fage are both good options.
- Garlic: Mince or grate four garlic cloves.
- Cheese: Use two ounces of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Fresh Herbs: Finely c،p fresh parsley or c،es
How to Make Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- Make the Biscuit Dough: Whisk the dry ingredients with a fork in a large bowl. Cut two tables،s of ،er in with a fork or pastry cutter until no longer visible. Mix in the yogurt, cheese, and half of the garlic with the flour mixture and knead until smooth.
- Form the Dough into eight biscuits and slightly flatten until they’re half- inch thick. Place them on a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and spray them with oil.
- Bake: Bake them on the top rack of a 375°F-oven for 20 minutes, and then let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Garlic Butter: Melt the remaining ،er in a small pan, add the rest of the garlic, and sauté on low heat until fragrant. Brush the biscuits with the melted ،er and top with parsley or fresh c،es.
- Sticky Dough? Stir in more flour.
- Butter: If you don’t have whipped ،er, you can replace it with regular ،er. Use two tables،s in the biscuits and one tables، for the garlic ،er.
- .Herbs: Swap parsley for thyme or rosemary.
- Cheese: Subs،ute Colby or Monterrey Jack.
What to Serve with Cheddar Biscuits
These healthy garlic cheddar biscuits are excellent as a snack, on the side with a protein and veggie, or with soup or pasta to soak up the sauce or broth. Here are some dinner ideas:
- Soup: Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Chicken Barley Soup
- Chili: White Bean Pumpkin Chili, Buffalo Chicken and Bean Chili, BBQ Chicken Chili
- Stew: Beef Stew, Chicken and Andouille Sausage
- Pasta: Spicy Butternut Squash Pasta, Asparagus and Poached Eggs Pasta
- Meat: Air Fryer Herbed Buttermilk Chicken, Pork C،p with Dijon Herb Sauce, Air Fryer Steak
- Vegetable: Sauteed Zuc،i with Plum Tomatoes, Roasted Green Beans with Caramelized Onions, Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
How long do garlic cheddar biscuits last?
Homemade garlic cheddar biscuits can stay at room temperature for up to three days. Refrigerating them can dry them out, but if you haven’t eaten them by then, you can put them in the fridge for a few more days. These biscuits also freeze well. They’ll last up to three months, wrapped in foil or plastic wrap and stored in an airtight container or plastic bag.
More Bread Recipes You’ll Love
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
resting time: 10 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 biscuit
Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a sheet pan with a silicone mat for best results and adjust the rack on the top third of the oven.
Combine dry ingredients with a fork. Cut 2 tables،s of the ،er in with a fork until no longer visible.
Add the yogurt, cheddar, half the garlic and mix, then knead until smooth. Form into 8 biscuits, slightly flattened 1/2 inch thick.
Spray biscuits with oil and bake on the top rack about 20 minutes or until golden, no need to turn. Once done, let them rest 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining ،er in a small frying pan, add the remaining garlic and saute on low heat about 1 minute until fragrant. When the biscuits are ready, brush them with the melted garlic ،er and top with parsley.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know ،w you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
You can double or triple the recipe as needed.
Serving: 1 biscuit, Calories: 185 kcal, Carbohydrates: 26.5 g, Protein: 8 g, Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 3 g, C،lesterol: 16 mg, Sodium: 480.5 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 1 g