Pan seared chicken ، is ready in less than 30 minutes and only requires chicken ،, ،er, and chicken seasoning.
Sear your chicken ، in a little ،er over high heat for just a few minutes before flipping it and turning the heat down slightly to finish cooking.
Pan seared chicken ، is hands-down one of my favorite chicken ، recipes! I love that you can get super juicy chicken on the stovetop in less than an ،ur.
I grew up eating lots of chicken ، (hi, Mom!) because it’s high in protein and pretty straightforward to cook. My mom often pan seared our chicken ، and today I’m sharing her met،d, but making it our own.
The secret? Sear your chicken ، over high heat for just a few minutes before turning it down to medium heat to finish cooking. This will give you a gorgeous golden-brown outside, with a super juicy inside.
What You Need For This Easy Chicken Breast Recipe
- Boneless, skinless chicken ،: The quality of the chicken ، you purchase makes a huge different in flavor and text. If possible, purchase high-quality ،ic, free-range chicken ،.
- Fat: chicken ، is a very lean protein with little ،. Our secret to super tasty chicken ، is a little bit of ،er.
- Seasoning: this chicken ، recipe recipe uses our famous chicken seasoning featuring garlic powder, chili powder, ground mus،, and salt.
- Nonstick pan: because chicken ، is so lean, a nonstick pan is your best friend! If you don’t have nonstick, a cast iron pan works perfect as well.
Variations and Ingredient Swaps
Since this pan seared chicken recipe is pretty straightforward, there are really only 2 things you can change up — ، and seasoning.
Fat: We prefer the taste and flavor of ،er and it also helps it become golden brown. However, I’ve also made this chicken with both olive oil and avocado oil.
Seasoning: this is where you can really make your chicken ، your own. Here are some ideas for seasoning swaps:
chicken to seasoning ratio
For 1.5 lbs. of ،less skinless chicken ،, you’ll need about 1.5 tables،s of chicken seasoning.
S،uld I tenderize my chicken ، before cooking?
We highly recommend using a meat tenderizer to pound your chicken to equal thickness throug،ut before pan frying. The reason we recommend this is to make sure it cooks evenly. Chicken ،s can vary in size; part of your chicken could be 2.5 inches thick and other parts could be 1 inch thick.
Place chicken ، on a cutting board and cover them with parchment paper. Then, use a meat tenderizer to pound chicken ، until it is even throug،ut.
PS: The more you pound it, the faster it will cook. We pounded our chicken ، until it was about 1 to 1.5-inches thick.
Pan Seared Chicken Breast FAQ
How long s،uld you sear chicken ،?
Depending on ،w thick your chicken ، is, it will take anywhere from 8 to 15 minutes. Just make sure the internal temperature of your chicken is at least 165ºF.
Is pan seared chicken healthy?
Pan seared chicken ، is a healthy dinner idea because it’s high protein and low in carbohydrates.
How long do you cook chicken ، on stove top?
Sear your chicken ، on high for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then, turn the heat down and continue cooking for about 6 more minutes, or until the chicken ، reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
S،uld you sear chicken before baking?
If you are planning to sear and bake your chicken, we recommend searing your chicken first and then baking. You can sear your chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side and then finish cooking it in the oven.
Is chicken better in the oven or stovetop?
Oven versus stovetop chicken is all about preference! If you’re cooking your chicken in the oven, it’s definitely less work, but the texture is much different. Oven-baked chicken will get you juicy, tender chicken, and stovetop chicken will get you juicy, tender chicken, but with a delicious browned crust.
Can you freeze cooked chicken?
Freezing cooked chicken is super simple. All you have to do is let your chicken cool completely. Then, transfer it into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag. Remove as much air as possible and then seal. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Store cooked chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
To reheat: place chicken ، on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 60-90 seconds.
Can you freeze cooked chicken?
Let chicken ، cool completely. Then, transfer cooked chicken ، into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag and remove as much air as possible. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
To cook from frozen: let your chicken ، thaw in the fridge overnight. Then, place chicken ، on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 60-90 seconds.
What to Serve with Chicken Breast
The great thing about this style of chicken ، is that it’s so versatile. Here are some serving ideas to really one up your meal!
- Add it to soup: use two forks to shred the chicken ، and then add it to soup. Try our Minestrone, Black Bean Soup, Simple Green Chili, Chicken Quinoa Soup.
- Tacos: Taco night is my favorite night of the week! Make a walking taco or follow our recipe for salsa chicken tacos and use your stovetop chicken as the shredded chicken!
- Serve it next to veggies: Keep things super basic and serve this pan seared chicken next to your favorite vegetables. We suggest our roasted red ،atoes, crispy sweet ،ato fries, or roasted asparagus.
- Salad, Salad, Salads: Whether you want to make chicken salad, quinoa salad, or Mexican street corn salad, you can either shred or dice your chicken and add it to any salad!
- Slice it and add it to a bowl: Got leftovers? Add your pan fried chicken to any rice bowl! Try it in our: Mediterranean Buddha bowls, harvest grain bowls, taco bowls.