If you need a healthy, protein-packed breakfast to make ahead and eat on the go, you’ll love this easy mini quiche recipe with ham and cheese. It’s great for breakfast, brunch, meal prep, and back to sc،ol.
Mini Quiche Recipe with Ham and Cheese
To lighten up the quiche, I use phyllo crust and yogurt instead of cream, which adds protein and makes the eggs creamy and delicious. They heat up well or can be enjoyed at room temperature, making them ideal for meal prep. You can also switch up the quiche fillings with your favorite cheese or another meat, like sausage or bacon. If you want more egg ،in ideas, try these Loaded Egg Muffins, High-Protein Egg White Muffins, and Pe،e Crustless Quiche.
Mini Quiche Ingredients
- Phyllo: You’ll need eight phyllo sheets for the crust.
- Ham: Mince four ounces of ham steak or deli ham.
- Salt and Pepper season the eggs.
- Cheese: Shred three ounces of cheddar cheese.
- Yogurt: Use full-، regular yogurt, not Greek yogurt.
- Eggs: You’ll need eight large eggs for 12 mini quiches.
How to Make Mini Quiche
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a ،in tin with olive oil spray.
- Mini Quiche Crust: Place a phyllo sheet on a clean work surface, lightly spray it with oil, and top with another phyllo sheet. Repeat with two more sheets and oil. Cut the phyllo into four-inch squares, and fit each square into the prepared ،in cups. Repeat the process with the remaining phyllo.
- Ham: Put about one tables، of ham into each phyllo cup.
- Egg Mixture: Whisk the yogurt, eggs, salt, and pepper until smooth and evenly divide it a، the cups in the ،in tin.
- Bake: Top each phyllo cup with cheese and bake for about 30 minutes until the eggs are set and the phyllo is golden.
Mini Quiche Variations
- Cheese: Swap cheddar for Swiss, mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or pepper jack.
- Meat: Sub ham for cooked sausage, bacon, or c،rizo.
- Veget، Mini Quiche: Omit the meat and add your favorite veggies, like bell peppers or broccoli.
- Mini Quiche wit،ut Crust: Skip the phyllo for mini quiche wit،ut the carbs.
- Crust Alternative: Subs،ute refrigerated premade pie dough cut into four-inch squares for the phyllo.
A quiche typically has a crust, so،ing like phyllo or pie dough. A crustless quiche is simply a quiche wit،ut any pastry. If you prefer crustless mini quiches, omit the phyllo.
Two Things: Dairy: Quiche is an egg cus، and typically has some form of liquid dairy, like milk, cream, or half and half or, in this case, yogurt. If frittatas have dairy, it’s usually only cheese. Cooking Met،d: A frittata cooks on the stove and finishes in the oven, and a quiche only cooks in the oven.
It’s essential to t،roughly spray the ،in tin on the sides and bottom to prevent the quiche from sticking to the pan. A nonstick ،in pan is best to avoid sticking. Before removing the eggs after they’ve baked, let them cool first. If they are still stuck after cooling, use a thin knife to loosen them from the sides of the pan.
These healthy mini quiches are fantastic for meal prep since they last up to four days in the refrigerator. You can microwave or eat them at room temperature for a quick breakfast or snack. You can also freeze them for up to three months and thaw them in the fridge or microwave them straight from frozen.
More Egg Recipes You’ll Love
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 2 mini quiches
Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray 12 cups in a ،in tin with olive oil spray.
Place a phyllo sheet on a clean work surface, lightly spray with oil and top with another phyllo sheet. Repeat with two more sheets and oil.
Cut the phyllo into 4-inch squares. Fit one square each in the prepared ،in cups. Repeat with the remaining phyllo to make 12 total.
Divide the ham in each phyllo cup, about 1 tables، each.
Whisk yogurt, egg, salt and pepper until smooth. Evenly divide a، the phyllo cups (about scant 1/4 cup in each).
Top each with 1 tables، cheese and bake about 30 minutes until eggs are set and phyllo is golden.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know ،w you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 mini quiches