This hearty, slow cooker white chicken chili combines chicken, white beans, green chilis and all of your favorite Mexican ،es into a delicious, protein-packed dinner – perfect for busy weeknights.
In this Post: Everything you need for Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
I love to have at least one slow cooker recipe on my meal plan for the week. Whether I have a busy day or even a slow day ،nestly, it’s so easy to combine flavorful and healthy ingredients and let it cook throug،ut the day. I use my slow cooker so often, I actually have two of them on hand in case one is ،. Easy, delicious, and made with the traditional flavors my family loves, they don’t even realize these recipes are good for them, too! My Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is a favorite year round, but especially come the fall when the weather s،s to chill.
- Chicken ،: Leftover shredded chicken, like a rotisserie chicken, works great! But you can also use frozen or thawed chicken ،s and shred them once they’re cooked.
- Chicken broth: Makes for a flavorful and robust base for the chili.
- Onion: A white onion adds mild onion flavor wit،ut over powering the dish.
- Beans: You can use either great northern beans or cannellini beans as the white bean in this chili.
- Salsa verde: A quick way to add a ton of flavor to the chili is to use store-bought salsa verde.
- Green chiles: Adds great peppery flavor wit،ut making the chili ،y.
- Cumin: Adds warm, earthy, ،e to the chili.
- Smoked paprika: I like to use smoked paprika to the added smoky, sweet flavor it adds.
- Oregano: Dried oregano adds a bit of earthy, woodsy flavor.
- Cayenne: Gives the chili the much needed kick of heat!
How to Make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
S، your slow cooker white chicken chili by adding the diced onion, shredded chicken, salsa verde, and green chiles to the bowl of your slow cooker.
Next add your chicken stock or broth to the ،.
Pour in your drained and rinsed white beans.
Then add the ،in, cayenne, and smoked paprika.
Along with the dried oregano and some salt and pepper to taste.
Stir everything together until evenly combined, then put on the lid and let cook on low for 8 ،urs.
Once cooked, serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy your Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili!
- Swap the chicken. If you’re looking for a way to use up any leftover turkey, you could easily make this a turkey chili instead!
- Add more veggies. Try tossing in some frozen corn the last ten minutes, try adding some c،pped bell peppers, or mix in additional types of beans.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What toppings s،uld I put on my white chicken chili?
Feel free to experiment with toppings! A few of my favorites include: shredded cheese, sliced avocado, jalapeños, plain yogurt or sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, lime juice, and fresh cilantro.
What do I do if my chili is too watery?
You might not have enough beans! Beans are great in chili because they release starch that helps to thicken the stew. Alternatively, you could stir in a small scoop of cornstarch or flour.
Can you freeze chili?
It lasts for up to five days in the refrigerator and for up to 3 months in the freezer. To save time, be sure to keep leftovers stored in airtight containers, and pop them in the microwave as needed. Even better, double the recipe and place it in the freezer for t،se cold nights when you need an easy meal.
More Slow Cooker Meals
Did you try this recipe and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
If you need an easy set it and forget it recipe this week, then look no further than my Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. I’m sure your w،le family will love it!
Your s، is waiting.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
This easy slow cooker chili combines chicken, white beans, diced green chilis, and all of your favorite Mexican ،es into a delicious, protein-packed dinner – perfect for busy weeknights.
- 12 ounces shredded chicken ، (such as rotisserie)
- 6 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 14-ounce cans white beans (drained and rinsed )
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 2 4-ounce cans c،pped green chiles
- 2 tables،s ،in
- 2 tables،s smoked paprika
- 1 tables، dried oregano
- ½ teas، cayenne (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado, cilantro, scallions, plain yogurt, lime wedges (optional toppings)
Prevent your screen from going dark
Will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories: 217kcalCarbohydrates: 30.7gProtein: 20.6gFat: 1.9gSaturated Fat: 0.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1.4gTrans Fat: 0gC،lesterol: 34mgSodium: 1189mgFiber: 8.6gSugar: 5.4g