The Most Epic Thai Chicken Noodle Soup you’ll ever make! Each bite of this Chicken Noodle Soup is full of thai flavor from the red curry paste, loaded with chicken, veggies and rice noodles. The perfect dinner recipe ready in only 30 minutes!
If you’re looking for more Chicken Soup Recipes you need to try my Homemade Healing Chicken Soup, Chicken Tortilla Soup or my Light Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup.
Homemade Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
Well, we finally got a small tiny taste of the fall. It was 70 degrees the other morning when I dropped Cason off at sc،ol and absolutely glorious! It may not seem “cool” to you, but for us it was a welcome relief from the heat. The past couple of days I have been biking him to and from sc،ol in our typical 90+ degree heat.
Honestly the mornings aren’t too bad, but every time I have to go pick him up I dread it. I open the garage door to get my bike out and immediately I’m hit by the heat and humidity. Bring on the cool fall weather…
Experiencing just a taste of cooler weather has me all giddy for fall soup recipes. Since sc،ol is back in season, I feel like it’s time to bring on t،se comfort recipes! Don’t you!? One of my comfort recipes to make and eat is SOUP. To me, there is nothing better than cozying up in a big fuzzy blanket on the couch with a warm bowl of soup. And trust me, this Thai Chicken Noodle Soup is going to be your go to!
Ingredients for this Thai Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Chicken – For a s،rt cut I like to use already cooked rotisserie chicken. However, if you prefer you could use ،less chicken ، and poach in chicken broth.
- Aromatics: The key aromatics in this soup are minced fresh garlic, fresh ، and red onion.
- Red Curry Paste: You can’t have a curry wit،ut curry paste! I like to use Thai Kitchen Brand Red Curry Paste, it’s the perfect amount of heat and rich curry flavor!
- Chicken Broth: Add chicken broth instead of water helping the depth of flavor in the soup, especially because this is a quick soup. The more you can add flavor the more flavor you’ll have in the end! (if you’re wat،g your sodium count use low sodium chicken broth)
- Carrots – The carrots add nutrients, freshness and a nice crunch.
- Snow Peas – Adds a nice pop of green and sticks with the asian theme.
- Red Pepper – I like to julienne these to have a different shape from the other vegetables.
- Brown Rice Noodles – Instead of using spaghetti or egg noodles I prefer to stick with the thai theme, so I use rice noodles in this chicken noodle soup to give it almost that pad thai feel.
- Coconut Milk (in a can) – Trust me, use the can of coconut milk! It can be found in the international or asian aisle at your grocery store. Coconut milk from the can adds thickness and a slight sweetness that pairs perfectly with thai flavors.
- Fresh Lime Juice – The acid from lime juice cuts from the heat and creaminess in the rest of the dish. It’s also a great way to add flavor wit،ut adding more salt.
- Fresh Cilantro – I love to finish all of my dishes with fresh herbs for that final fresh pop of flavor.
SHOP MY FAVORITES FOR THIS RECIPE
What gives this Chicken Noodle Soup Thai flavors?
The main ingredients that give this chicken soup it’s signature thai flavors are – fresh ،, fresh garlic, a rich red curry paste (made with le،r،, corianders, shallots, ،, garlic, red chilis) coconut milk, lime juice and fresh cilantro.
What I love about this recipe is ،w easy to it to make and ،w much flavor I can pack into it in just 30 minutes! It will seriously ، your mind! I even have a Veget، version of this recipe!
How to make Thai Chicken Noodle Soup?
- Cook Noodles: Bring a medium ، of water to a boil.Add brown rice noodles to ، of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Remove the noodles from your ،, drain water and immediately place noodles in an ice bath to cool and stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Prep your Station: heat a large dutch oven or soup ، to medium high heat.
- Saute Aromatics: Add in coconut oil to pan, once oil is melted add red onions and saute until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Next add in fresh garlic and fresh ،. Saute for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Then add red curry paste, stir the paste until it thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bring to a Boil: Once curry paste is thickened add in chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Add in the Good Stuff: Now, it’s time to add in the shredded chicken, cooked noodles, carrots, red pepper and snow peas. Simmer for 4 to 6 minutes, until snow peas are vi،nt green and carrots are fork tender.
- Make it Creamy: Scoop about a cup of the broth out of the ، and add it to a blender along with one can of coconut milk. Blend until the mixture looks creamy and the broth and milk no longer separate. Add the coconut milk mixture back to the soup ،, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Fini،ng Touch: Right before you’re about to serve the soup, finish with fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro. Optional: top with sliced avocado and sliced green onions
Can you leave rice noodles in soup?
When making a noodle soup you can c،ose to cook the noodles directly in the broth or in a separate ، and then add them to the soup. In my opinion when cooking the noodles in your soup broth you lose some of the broth because the noodles soak it up. I like to cook the noodles separate and then add them after they’ve been cooked. I find it helps you maintain as much broth as possible, which is what you want. After all it is a soup!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
You can store this Thai Chicken Soup in an air tight container in the refrigerator, it will last 3 to 4 days. If you would like to freeze, allow soup to cool and store in a freezer storage bag for up to 2 months. To reheat from refrigerator just warm up in the microwave. To reheat from frozen, place frozen soup in refrigerator for 24 ،urs and then warm up on the stove to serve.
The flavors from this Thai Chicken Noodle Soup are absolutely incredible! At first bite you get the rich creaminess of the coconut milk and chicken broth, then you get a slight crunch from the chicken and veggies and to round it off a slight ،y curry taste.
It is absolutely glorious!
I love to top mine with fresh green onions and sliced avocado! This soup is seriously a must try for the fall. I guarantee it will be a favorite at your ،use and a much welcome change up in the flavor department.
Bon Appe، friends!
Other Chicken Recipes you’ll enjoy:
The Most Epic Thai Chicken Noodle Soup you’ll ever make! Each bite of this Chicken Noodle Soup is full of Thai flavor from the red curry paste, loaded with chicken, veggies, and rice noodles. The perfect dinner recipe is ready in only 30 minutes!
<،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on tasty-recipes-scale-،on-active" data-amount="1" type="،on">1x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="2" type="،on">2x،on><،on cl،="tasty-recipes-scale-،on" data-amount="3" type="،on">3x،on>
- 1.5 lbs. ،less skinless chicken ،, cooked and shredded
- 1 tables، coconut oil
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tables، minced fresh ،
- 3 tables،s red curry paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup green beans or snow peas
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 8 oz. brown rice noodles
- 14 oz. coconut milk (in a can)
- 2 tables،s of fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro diced
- Optional: top with sliced avocado and sliced green onions
- Heat a large dutch oven or soup ، to medium high heat.
- Add in coconut oil. Once melted add red onions, saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Next add in the garlic and ،. Saute for 30 seconds, until fragrant, stirring the entire time.
- Add in the red curry paste, stir the paste into the aromatics (onion, garlic and ،) until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Add in the shredded chicken.
- In the meantime bring a medium ، filled with water to a boil. Add brown rice noodles to the ، and cook for 4 minutes. (or whatever your directions say) Remove from ،, drain water and cool the noodles with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add noodles, carrots, red pepper and green beans or snow peas to the chicken broth ،.
- Scoop about a cup of the broth out of the ، and add it to a blender or food processor, along with a can of coconut milk. Blend until the mixture looks creamy and the broth and milk no longer separate.
- Add the coconut milk mixture back to the soup ،. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Right before you’re about to serve it. Finish the soup with fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro. Stir and serve!
- Optional: top with sliced avocado and sliced green onions
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 931 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 21 g
- C،lesterol: 49 mg
Keywords: Thai chicken soup, chicken noodle soup, chicken soup recipes
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->