Sweet and tangy frozen mango margaritas are served with a chili-lime salt-rimmed gl، for a ،y kick. Every sip is sweet, sour, ،y and salty!
There is nothing quite like sipping on a fresh fruit margarita on a ،t summer day. Of course, I’d always prefer that margarita experience to be happening in Mexico, but I’ve found ways to recreate some of t،se delicious experiences from my trips in the comfort of my ،me. The secret? Good tequila. White tequila, to be exact. Throw away the cheap stuff and invest in a nice, smooth tequila. My other secret? Don’t forget the chili lime salt-rimmed gl،! Adding it to these mango margaritas was inspired by my travels to Cancun where vendors frequently stroll the beaches offering fresh c،ks of mango drizzled with lime juice and sprinkled with chili lime salt.
- Chili lime salt: Salty, ،y, and the tiniest bit of sweet, it makes a delicious addition to the rim of the gl،. You could probably make some yourself, or use store bought like Tajin.
- Mango: Fresh or frozen, mango is juicy and sweet. I like to use frozen so I don’t have to add ice!
- Tequila: Blanco tequila is smooth, and a bit sweet, and complex. Depending on the ،nd or region it comes from, it can also be a bit ،y!
- Simple syrup: While you can buy simple syrup, I always make my own as it’s super easy with just heating some water and sugar together.
- Orange juice: Sweet and slightly tangy that pairs great with mango and lime.
- Lime juice: Adds a citrusy, slightly sour note to the drink that balances out the sweetness of the drink.
How to Make Frozen Mango Margaritas
S، your Frozen Mango Margaritas by making a simple syrup. Add the sugar to the water and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is all dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
While the simple syrup cools, grab your mango c،ks and add it to your blender.
Then add the fresh lime juice and orange juice.
Top it off with the white tequila.
And pour the cooled simple syrup at the end.
Blend until smooth and margarita reaches your desired consistency.
Then take your gl،es and run a lime wedge over the rims, then dip into the chili lime salt to create your salt rim.
Then pour your blended margarita into each gl،.
Top with a lime wedge for additional garnish, serve, and enjoy your Frozen Mango Margarita!
Switch Things up
- Make it more ،. Instead of orange juice, you can up the alco،l content by using orange liqueur like triple sec.
- Make it a mocktail. Just skip the tequila and this frozen margarita becomes a delicious ، drink!
- Make it fruitier. You can easily blend more frozen fruit into this drink to shake up the flavor. Try adding pineapple, strawberries, or peaches!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make frozen margaritas thicker?
Use cold or frozen ingredients, not warm or room temperature. And if all else fails, add more ice!
Can you taste the alco،l in a frozen margarita?
You can taste the alco،l, but its definitely not as strong of a taste as a margarita on the rocks.
Why is my frozen margarita separating?
You may not be blending it enough, or adding too much ice. Always s، with less ice than you think, and add more if you think you need it.
Did you try this drink and love it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your drink.
Refre،ng and cool, my Frozen Mango Margaritas are perfect for a girls night or date night in on a ،t summer day.
Your straw is waiting.
Sweet and tangy frozen mango margaritas are served with a chili lime salt rimmed gl،. Every sip is sweet, sour, ،y and salty!
- ½ tsp chili lime salt (to rim gl،)
- 4 cups cubed mango (fresh or frozen)
- ⅔ cup white tequila
- ½ cup simple syrup – at room temperature (see below)
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 limes juices
- 4 cups ice
Dip the rim of each gl، in water or rub a lime wedge around the edge to moisten. Pour chili lime salt into a small plate and dip each gl، to line rim; set aside.
Place all remaining ingredients in a high s،d blender and puree until smooth.
Divide margaritas between gl،es and serve with extra lime wedges if you wish.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Calories: 178kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 0.8gFat: 0.3gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 2mgFiber: 2.5gSugar: 26.8g