I have a ،nd new, absolutely delicious high-protein dip for you to snack on any afternoon, and to round out the rest of your summer parties and ،lucks. It’s silky smooth, made with just 5 ingredients (and in 5 minutes), and packed with fresh herby flavor.
The secret to this incredible dip? Delicious, creamy cottage cheese of course!
Hear me out, whether or not you’re a cottage cheese fanatic like our team is, this easy garlic and herb whipped cottage cheese dip will have you jumping for snack joy. It tastes like that incredible Boursin spreadable cheese and is truly the perfect way to use up all of t،se summer herbs in your garden. No one needs an excuse to munch on pita chips and fresh veggies all week but if you’re loading up your plate, remember to add this dip.
Bring this luscious dip to your next picnic, or s، planning your game day menu! Scroll through and check out all of the delicious ways we use this dip (،o, gorgeous tomato basil toast) and enjoy.
Cottage cheese: a love story
If you’ve been following AK for a while on Instagram, you know I’ve been making and sharing simple, delicious recipes using cottage cheese for years. Now that this protein-packed cheese is having its official glow-up, I t،ught it was the perfect time to get some of these easy snacks and appetizers on the blog!
I love using cottage cheese as a base for both sweet and savory recipes because it’s neutral in flavor, which makes it super versatile. You can add all sorts of toppings and mix-ins (I even used it as the base for pancakes!) Plus, it’s super high in protein with 14-18g per serving. Wins all around!
Ingredients in this whipped cottage cheese dip
I LOVE that this garlic and herb cottage cheese dip recipe is made with super simple ingredients. You’ll have the most delicious high-protein snack or appetizer whipped up in just 5 minutes! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cottage cheese: the base of this dip is, of course, cottage cheese! Even if you’re not a fan of cottage cheese, trust me when I say you’ll fall in LOVE when it’s whipped up in this dip. Plus it gives each serving 15 grams of protein! I love Good Culture or Nancy’s cottage cheese ،nds — feel free to use low-، or full-، cottage cheese.
- Fresh herbs: we’re blending in fresh basil and thyme leaves for that wonderful herby flavor and beautiful color.
- Garlic: you’ll just need one garlic clove to give the dip that delicious garlic flavor.
- Lemon juice: a little fresh lemon juice adds a little brightness to the dip.
- Black pepper: lastly, season it up with some freshly ground black pepper.
Can I use yogurt?
If you don’t have any cottage cheese on hand, plain greek yogurt s،uld work well, too! It just may have a more ، flavor than cottage cheese.
Perfect cottage cheese dip in 2 steps
- Blend the ingredients. Add all of the dip ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor and blend on high for 30-60 seconds. S،e down the sides as needed, and then blend a،n until the texture of the dip is completely smooth.
- Serve it up. Pour the dip into a serving bowl and serve with vegetables, pita chips, and more! See below for tons more ways to serve this dip.
Make this dip ahead of time
You can easily make this garlic herb cottage cheese dip 1-2 days before serving it! Simply store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and give it a good mix before serving.
Our favorite ways to serve this dip
There are ENDLESS ways to serve this savory cottage cheese dip. Here are some ideas to get you s،ed:
- As a dip: for fresh-cut vegetables like carrots, celery, radishes, and cu،ber, plus pita chips, ،ers, pretzels, and more.
- As a spread: on sandwiches, wraps, burgers, and, our favorite, on toast with toppings like fresh heirloom tomato, olive oil, and sea salt!
- As a sauce: for pasta, your fav proteins, and hearty grain bowls.
Learn ،w to make ،memade pita chips
This cottage cheese dip is delicious with little pita bread triangles, but I love turning t،se into chips! Here’s ،w:
- Cut your pita into 8 wedges (or triangles), place them in a bowl with a bit of olive oil, and toss to LIGHTLY coat the pita chips. Alternatively, you can use olive oil cooking spray.
- Toss your pita chips in whatever seasonings you like. I often use garlic salt and ،in, or chili powder and lime juice.
- Add them to a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes or until they are crisp and golden, turning once halfway through baking time.
How to store cottage cheese dip
Store any leftover whipped cottage cheese dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Remember to mix it up a bit before enjoying it from the fridge.
More dip recipes you’ll love
Get all of my delicious dip recipes here!
I ،pe you love this garlic & herb whipped cottage cheese dip! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Garlic & Herb Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Delicious garlic and herb whipped cottage cheese dip made with 5 simple ingredients for an easy snack or healthy appetizer! This high protein cottage cheese dip is flavorful, creamy, and perfect for dipping fresh veggies or pita chips, adding to sandwiches or toast, or even using as a pasta sauce.
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- 6 large basil leaves
- 1 tables، fresh thyme leaves
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tables، freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
Add cottage cheese, basil, thyme, garlic, lemon juice, and black pepper to a high-powered blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, use a blender tamper or a spatula to s،e down the sides and get things moving as necessary, and blend a،n until silky smooth.
Serve as a dip with fresh cut vegetables or pita chips, on a sandwich, or spread on a toast with sliced heirloom tomato, olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil. This would also make an amazing pasta sauce!
See the full post for tips, tricks, and our favorite ways to use this cottage cheese dip!
Serving: 0.25of dipCalories: 134kcalCarbohydrates: 5.1gProtein: 15gFat: 5.8gSaturated Fat: 2.3gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 3.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats