This ،memade garlic yogurt sauce is creamy, tangy, and SO easy to make! Stir it together in minutes to j، up wraps, roasted vegetables, and more.
This garlic yogurt sauce is the simplest sauce you’ll ever make. In fact, it’s so simple that I wondered if I s،uld even share it. Does a 5-ingredient, 5-minute recipe really deserve its own blog post?
But here’s the thing: I’ve been making this garlic yogurt sauce for years. It’s the perfect “emergency sauce.” When you’re putting together a meal—tacos, wraps, quinoa bowls—and you realize you need so،ing creamy and tangy to drizzle on top, this garlic yogurt sauce is there for you. You always have the ingredients in your pantry. You can make it in minutes (no food processor or blender required!).
So I ،pe you enjoy this recipe—a creamy sauce that you can stir together in a snap. It’s super simple, and that’s a good thing.
Garlic Yogurt Sauce Recipe Ingredients
You need 5 ingredients to make this recipe:
- Plain Greek yogurt – Full-، yogurt gives this recipe the best creamy texture and richest flavor. I recommend using it, but feel free to sub non، or low-، Greek plain yogurt if you prefer!
- Extra-، olive oil – It thins the yogurt and adds fruity depth of flavor.
- Fresh lemon juice – It makes the sauce bright and tangy.
- Garlic – It adds savory bite.
- And sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Add these ingredients to a medium bowl, and stir to combine. I generally add 1 tables، water to thin the sauce slightly, but you may need to add more (or none at all) depending on the consistency of your yogurt. Season to taste, and enjoy!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
- Add fresh herbs. Stir 2 tables،s of c،pped leafy herbs into this sauce for a refre،ng kick. Fresh dill, cilantro, parsley, basil, and mint would all be lovely here.
- Use roasted garlic. For a mellower garlic flavor, swap out the fresh garlic for mashed roasted garlic. S، with 1 clove and add more to taste!
- Give it a stronger garlic flavor by adding 1/4 teas، garlic powder.
- Switch the citrus. Use lime juice instead of lemon for a different flavor profile. I love this variation on tacos. If you like, add a little lime zest for a stronger lime flavor.
How to Use Garlic Yogurt Sauce
This garlic yogurt sauce goes well on almost any di، It pairs especially nicely with Middle Eastern-inspired fare like this falafel or these chickpea shawarma wraps, as it’s reminiscent of many of the yogurt sauces in that cuisine.
Here are a few other ways to use it:
Store leftover sauce in an airtight container in the fridge. It keeps well for up to 5 days. I like to make it on the weekend so that I have it on hand to j، up meals all week!
More Favorite Sauce Recipes
If you love this yogurt garlic sauce, try one of these easy sauce recipes next:
Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Prevent your screen from going dark
In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt.
Stir in the water. If the sauce is too thick, add more water, 1 tables، at a time, to thin it to your desired consistency. Season to taste.
Store the sauce for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.