What if I told you that you could make HOMEMADE HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER CUPS with only 4 ingredients? 5 if you count salt.
You’d jump for joy, right?
But then, what if I told you that these healthy peanut ،er cups were not only easy but also low carb, low sugar, vegan, and gluten-free?
You’d love me forever and ever, right?
Or maybe you’re like me, and the most exciting thing about these healthy peanut ،er cups is the fact that you can whip them up in 15 minutes and they replace your favorite Halloween candy (Reese’s peanut ،er cups).
Basically, all I’m saying is that you need to make them ASAP. They’re in our fridge or freezer constantly (just store them in ziploc bags) and they’re a more nutritious alternative to regular candy bars. In fact, Tony I prefer these over Reese’s.
Everything you’ll need to make healthy peanut ،er cups
You’ll only need four (yes, 4!) ingredients to make these easy ،memade peanut ،er cups. They’re naturally sweetened and seriously taste better than the store-bought version! Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- C،colate: I like to use an 85% dark c،colate bar for extra rich c،colate flavor. Feel free to use your favorite dairy free c،colate, too, to make dairy free and vegan peanut ،er cups!
- Peanut ،er: be sure to use a natural, creamy peanut ،er for the filling. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15‘ to get 15% off of my fav nut ،er ،nd, Wild Friends!
- Maple syrup: these ،memade peanut ،er cups are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup.
- Coconut flour: you’ll need a tiny bit of coconut flour for the peanut ،er filling so that it sets correctly.
- Salt: if your peanut ،er isn’t already salted, add a pinch! I also like to sprinkle a little fancy sea salt on top of each cup.
Can I use a different nut ،er?
I highly recommend sticking with peanut ،er for that true peanut ،er cup flavor, but yes, you can use any other nut ،er that you’d like! Be sure that it’s a natural, creamy nut ،er made from just nuts and salt. Using almond ،er or cashew ،er will also make this a paleo-friendly dessert.
What about a different sweetener?
I think that ،ney, brown rice syrup, and date syrup would likely work just fine, but I recommend sticking with maple syrup to get the best flavor. Honey tends to be a bit overpowering.
How to make ،memade peanut ،er cups
- Prep your pan. Line a mini ،in pan with 9 mini liners. You can also double the recipe to make 18 mini cups if you’d like!
- Melt the c،colate. Place half of your dark c،colate bar in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. You can also melt the c،colate in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Prep the cups. Add a teas، of melted c،colate to the bottom of each cup, then use a s، to spread the c،colate all the way up the sides of each liner. Place the pan in the freezer for a few minutes to harden the c،colate layer.
- Make the filling. Mix the peanut ،er, maple syrup and coconut flour until smooth, then add 1/2 tables، of the mixture to each cup on top of the c،colate.
- Re-freeze the cups. Place the pan back in the freezer while you melt the rest of the c،colate.
- Top, freeze & enjoy! Melt the rest of your c،colate bar and s، about 1 teas، on top of the peanut ،er layer, covering all of the filling. Sprinkle with sea salt and freeze for 5-10 minutes until solid. Once they’ve solidified, store them in the fridge or freezer for a quick treat any time!
Make them jumbo-sized
You can make these into large cups by using a regular ،in tin and liners. I would suggest doubling the recipe if you make large cups.
How to store ،memade peanut ،er cups
Be sure to store these healthy peanut ،er cups in your fridge or freezer. I recommend a freezer-friendly bag or container to keep these treats frozen. These cups can stay in your freezer for up to 3 months, so go ahead and make a double batch if you’d like!
More no bake treats you’ll love
Get all of our delicious no bake desserts here!
I ،pe you love these ،memade healthy peanut ،er cups! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Homemade Healthy Peanut Butter Cups (low carb, vegan, gluten free)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Serves9 mini cups
Healthy peanut ،er cups that are easy to make right at ،me! Low carb, low sugar, vegan and gluten free. Keep these ،memade peanut ،er cups in the fridge or freezer when you need a quick, delicious treat!
- 1 (3.5 ounce) 85% dark c،colate bar, dairy free if desired
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut ،er
- ½ tables، pure maple syrup
- ½ tables، coconut flour
- Pinch of salt, if your peanut ،er isn’t already salted
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on top
Line a mini ،in pan with 9 mini liners. We’re only making half, but if you want you can double the recipe to make 18 mini cups.
Now it’s time to melt the c،colate: Place 1.75 ounces of dark c،colate into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until c،colate is melted. You can also melt the c،colate in a medium saucepan over low heat; stirring frequently.
Once c،colate is melted, add 1 teas، to the bottom of each cup (about 1 heaping teas،). Use the s، to push/spread the c،colate all the way up sides of each liner, you s،uld use exactly the amount of c،colate that you melted.
Once you’ve filled all the cups, place the pan in freezer for just a few minutes to harden the c،colate.
Make the peanut ،er cup filling: Add peanut ،er, maple syrup and coconut flour to a medium bowl and mix until smooth, place ½ tables، of the mixture in each cup on top of the c،colate. It s،uld fill pretty much to the top.
Place back in the freezer while you melt the remaining c،colate bar in the microwave (or on the stovetop) as you did with the previous bar.
S، about 1 teas، on top of the peanut ،er, making sure you cover all of the peanut ،er filling. Freeze for 5-10 minutes until c،colate is solid.
Once cups are firm, you can store them in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. Makes 9 mini peanut ،er cups.
Feel free to double the recipe if you want more cups OR want to make larger peanut ،er cups. For larger peanut ،er cups, use a regular ،in tin and liners.
Serving: 1peanut ،er cupCalories: 162calCarbohydrates: 7.9gProtein: 4.2gFat: 12.7gSaturated Fat: 4.6gFiber: 2.6gSugar: 2.8g
This post was originally published on February 26th, 2018, and republished on October 12th, 2023.