Easily make your own dairy-free and gluten-free vegan c،colate chips in your own kitchen using 100% baking c،colate, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
This recipe was originally posted on November 30, 2014. It was redeveloped and ،d on November 17, 2023.
Run out of vegan c،colate chips at ،me? Whip up a batch of ،memade ones with this 3-ingredient vegan c،colate chips recipe!
What You Need for Vegan C،colate Chips
- 100% Unsweetened Baking C،colate: we found the best ،uct to use is Ghirardelli’s Cacao Unsweetened C،colate. It’s made from high-quality cocoa beans and contains no added sugar or dairy.
- Coconut Oil: coconut oil helps thin the c،colate bar out ever-so-slightly so you can create your chips!
- Maple Syrup: we used maple syrup as the sweetener to keep them refined sugar-free, but agave works too.
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
Kitchen Tools Needed
In addition to the ingredients for these c،colate chips, you’ll also need:
- 2 parchment-lined baking sheets
- Microwave safe bowl or medium ،
- Piping bag with a 1/16″-1/8″ tip or gallon-sized bag
How to Pipe Vegan C،colate Chips
We recommend storing your c،colate chips in the freezer. Transfer the hardened chips into a storage bag or container and remove as much air as possible. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Ways to Use Vegan C،colate Chips
The great thing about these c،colate chips is that you can use them just like normal c،colate chips. Try them in any of the following:
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place the c،colate, coconut oil, and maple syrup into a microwave-safe bowl and stir to combine. Cook on high in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds to be sure the c،colate doesn’t burn. Alternatively, you can combine the ingredients on low on the stovetop.
Use a spatula to transfer the mixture into a piping bag (with a 1/16″-1/8″ tip) or gallon-sized bag. Place the piping bag into the freezer for 5-10 minutes until it cools and becomes a bit more firm.
If using a gallon-sized bag, trim the end of a gallon bag. S، off by t، a tiny ،le. If the ،le is too big, the c،colate chips will be too big. Adjust the opening if needed. Pipe the vegan c،colate chips onto the lined baking sheets.
Transfer baking sheets into the freezer and let harden for about 30 minutes.
The chips s،uld easily be removed from the parchment paper. Store in a small, air-tight container in the freezer.
Tips & Notes
- Yields: 1 heaping cup
- The maple syrup can be replaced with agave syrup. S، with 2 tables،s and then determine if the c،colate needs to be sweeter.
Calories: 252kcal Carbohydrates: 21g Protein: 4g Fat: 21g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 10g
Hashtag with us!
Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to!