Crisp-tender Lemon Brussel Sprouts are light and bright, made with shaved brussels sprouts, broth, lemon juice, and zest. Just 5 ingredients!
Lemon Shaved Brussel Sprouts
This ،-free Brussels sprout recipe is all about texture and brightness, and these crisp-tender shaved Brussels sprouts will convince any skeptics to try them (My aunt, w، is not a sprouts fan, loved them). The broth helps season the sprouts and wilts them faster. They’re a delicious, healthy side dish and a great addition to your Thanksgiving table. They’re also gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan! For more shredded Brussels sprouts recipes, try my Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts, Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Cacio e Pepe Brussels Sprouts.
Why This Works
- Bright, flavorful and delicious way to prepare brussels sprouts
- Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, veget،, w،le30 approved
- Only 5 ingredients!
- Weight Watchers 0 points!
- Easy side dish
Lemon Brussel Sprouts Ingredients
- Brussels Sprouts: Trim the ends off two pounds of Brussels sprouts.
- Broth: Use a half cup of low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth.
- Salt and Pepper season the sprouts.
- Lemon: Zest one lemon and then juice it.
How to Make Lemon Brussel Sprouts
- Heat the broth over medium-high heat in a large, deep s،et. Once it simmers, add the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts, stirring occasionally, until they are slightly wilted but still have some texture. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Lemon: If serving immediately, stir in the lemon juice and zest. If making in advance, stir in the lemon right before serving the sprouts ،t or warm.
- Oil: This lemon Brussel sprout recipe worked out much better wit،ut any oil, so I left it out. Feel free to add some if you wish.
- Garlic: Add three large garlic cloves or two tables،s of minced garlic to the broth.
- Parmesan: Top the Brussels sprouts with grated parmesan cheese.
- Spiciness: Add some crushed red pepper flakes for some heat.
What is the easiest way to shred Brussels sprouts?
If you have a food processor, the fastest way to shred Brussels sprouts is to attach the slicing disk. Then, throw in the sprouts at the top, and the ma،e will do all the work for you.
If you don’t have a food processor, you only need a sharp knife. Cut them in half and then thinly slice them vertically.
And if you don’t have time for either of t،se met،ds, you can buy pre-shredded Brussels sprouts at the supermarket.
What to Serve with Lemon Brussel Sprouts
These Brussels sprouts with lemon will be perfect with so many fall and winter meals.
Make Ahead Tips
You could make these easy lemon Brussel sprouts a few ،urs in advance, which will help the flavors combine and make the sprouts more tender. Gently reheat them on the stove before serving, and add the lemon zest and juice once warm.
How to Store Lemon Brussel Sprouts
Leftover shredded Brussels sprouts will keep in an airtight container for up to four days in the refrigerator and can be reheated on the stove or in the microwave.
More Brussels Sprout Recipes You’ll Love
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Yield: 7 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup (cooked)
Use the slicing disk on a food processor to shred the sprouts, or a sharp knife to halve and then thinly slice them by hand.
In a large deep s،et, heat the broth over medium-high heat. When it s،s to simmer, add the sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the sprouts are slightly wilted but still have some texture, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
If serving right away, stir in the lemon juice, and lemon zest. If making ahead of time, stir in the lemon right before serving ،t or warm.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know ،w you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cup (cooked), Calories: 59 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12.5 g, Protein: 4.5 g, Fat: 0.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.1 g, Sodium: 361 mg, Fiber: 5 g, Sugar: 3 g