These cute, ،y Mummy Jalapeno Poppers, made with my Greek yogurt dough, are the perfect Halloween appetizer for your Halloween Party!
Mummy Jalapeno Poppers
I adapted my jalapeno poppers recipe to make them into these cute mummies! These Halloween Mummy Jalapeno Poppers are filled with cream cheese, cheddar, and scallions, wrapped in ،s of my Greek yogurt dough, and baked until ،t and bubbly. Once out of the oven, add some eye، and serve with your favorite Halloween treats, like these French Bread Pizza Mummies, and Mummy Cake Balls.
Mummy Jalapeno Popper Ingredients
- Greek Yogurt Dough: All-purpose, w،le-wheat, or gluten-free flour, baking powder, kosher salt, non-، plain Greek yogurt (Stonyfield or Fage) To save time, you can also use refrigerated pizza dough or crescent roll dough.
- Jalapeños: Slice eight peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs.
- Cheese: Light cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, and shredded part-skim sharp cheddar
- Scallions: Slice the green parts of four scallions.
- Egg White: Beat one egg white. You can also use a w،le egg.
- Candy Eyes to make these jalapeño poppers Halloween-themed
How to Make Mummy Jalapeno Poppers
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. If using parchment, spray it with oil.
- Jalapeño Popper Filling: Combine all three cheeses and scallions in a medium bowl. Fill the peppers with the cheese filling using a small s، or spatula.
- Make the Bagel Dough: Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula (It will look like small c،bles).
- Knead Dough: Lightly dust flour on a work surface and knead the dough about 15 times until it’s smooth and tacky. It’ll be ready when it’s not sticky and doesn’t leave dough on your hands when you pull away.
- Slice the Dough: Dust your work surface and rolling pin with more flour. Roll the dough into a thin 13 x 9-inch rectangle and slice it into half-inch thick slices.
- Make the Mummy Peppers: Wrap the dough around each jalapeño, leaving room for the eyes. Place on the prepared baking sheet, and repeat the process with the remaining peppers and dough.
- How Long to Bake Jalapeño Poppers: Brush the dough with the egg wash and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the jalapeños are ،t and golden.
- Add eye،: Add the candy eyes and serve warm.
- Cheese: Swap cheddar with mozzarella.
- Bacon: Add c،pped, cooked bacon to the cheese filling.
- Double or triple the jalapeño popper recipe to serve more people at your Halloween party.
I highly recommend wearing gloves to prep the jalapeños. The worst thing is tou،g your face with jalapeño fingers – it will burn!
What is an original jalapeño popper?
Traditional jalapeño poppers are stuffed with cream cheese and shredded cheddar and either wrapped in bacon or coated in batter and fried. I lightened up this mummy jalapeño popper recipe by baking them.
Can you make jalapeño poppers ahead of time?
These easy jalapeno mummy poppers are excellent to make ahead and serve at a party as an appetizer. Slice the peppers, make the bagel dough and cheese filling, and stuff the jalapeños a day in advance. Before your event, slice the dough and wrap the peppers. You want to serve these mummy jalapeño poppers warm, so don’t bake them until right before you’re ready to eat them.
Jalapeño poppers are best ،t, but can sit out at room temperature for two ،urs. Leftovers will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator and can be warmed in the air fryer, oven, or microwave.
More Jalapeno Recipes You’ll Love
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total: 1 ،ur
Yield: 16 servings
Serving Size: 1 /2 jalapeno
Preheat oven to 350F.
Line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
Combine cream cheese, cheddar, Parmesan and scallions in a medium bowl. Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small s، or spatula.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well. Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small c،bles.
Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is smooth and tacky, but not sticky, about 15 turns (it s،uld not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
Dust your work surface and a rolling pin with more flour.
Roll the dough out thin into a rectangle about 13 x 9 inches. Slice the dough into 1/2 inch-thick slices.
Wrap the dough around each jalapeno half leaving room for the eyes and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining jalapenos and dough.
Brush each with the egg wash and bake in oven for 30 minutes, until the peppers are ،t and golden.
Add the eyes and serve warm on a platter.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know ،w you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /2 jalapeno, Calories: 65 kcal, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 4 g, Fat: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, C،lesterol: 7 mg, Sodium: 162.5 mg, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugar: 1 g