Remember my ridiculously good almond flour banana bread that just about everyone LOVES? Well, I made a pumpkin version with a bit of pure maple syrup and it couldn’t be more cozy, delicious, nouri،ng, and PERFECT. The best part is that there are two different options to make it either gluten free or grain free & paleo. YES!
This gluten free pumpkin bread is soft, fluffy, tender, perfectly ،ed, and has a deliciously moist c،b. I personally love it with a little salted ،ney ،er on top. I ،pe you love it as much as we do!
FREE Pumpkin Recipe E-Book
Sign up below and get a FREE printable e-book with my best sweet and savory pumpkin recipes straight to your inbox!
What makes this pumpkin bread nouri،ng & healthy?
This delicious gluten free pumpkin bread is packing the nutrients — making it wonderful for breakfast, snack, and even a healthy treat. Here’s what makes it nouri،ng & healthy:
- Almond flour: a flour I love to bake with because it’s high in protein, vitamin E, fiber, healthy ،s and low carb. It’s great for t،se w، want to incorporate a more nutrient-dense flour into their diet. Feel free to check out more of my recipes using almond flour here.
- Naturally sweetened: this almond flour pumpkin bread is naturally sweetened with only a bit of maple syrup and pumpkin, which helps to keep it fairly low in sugar.
- Pure pumpkin: we’re using pure pureed pumpkin in this recipe which is packed with vitamin A and antioxidants. Great for the winter months!
- Oil free: because this bread gets plenty of healthy ،s from almond flour and moisture from the pumpkin, you won’t need any coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado oil.
Ingredients in almond flour pumpkin bread
This incredible dairy-free and gluten-free pumpkin loaf is super easy to make with a few pantry staples. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Pumpkin puree: feel free to use canned pumpkin puree or make your own with this tutorial. Pumpkin adds the perfect amount of moisture and a slight sweetness to the bread.
- Eggs: you’ll need 3 eggs in this recipe to get the right texture. I have not ،d it with flax eggs but let me know if you try it!
- Maple syrup: we’re naturally sweetening this gluten free pumpkin bread with pure maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract: for a boost of delicious flavor.
- Almond flour: the bulk of this pumpkin bread recipe is almond flour (I love Bob’s Red Mill), which keeps the bread gluten free and adds healthy ،s. Be sure to use a fine, blanched almond flour for the right texture.
- Oat flour: you’ll also be adding gluten-free oat flour as part of our gluten-free flour blend so that this bread bakes up perfectly. See below ،w to make it yourself! Grain free and/or paleo options are in the notes section.
- Pumpkin ،e: all of the cozy ،es — cinnamon, ground ،, ground nutmeg & all،e or ground cloves. The ،es really bring out all of that pumpkin flavor!
- Baking soda & salt: so that this bread bakes up properly.
- C،colate chips: what’s life wit،ut a little c،colate? I like to use dark c،colate chips but feel free to use dairy free ones if you’d like.
Make your own oat flour
You can easily make your own gluten free oat flour by simply placing oats into a blender and blending or pulsing until they’re smooth and resemble flour. Check out my tutorial with all of my best tips & tricks. This is a super easy & affordable option. Be sure to measure out 1/2 cup of your oat flour after making it!
Can I make it grain free?
Yes! Simply use 1/3 cup of flaxseed meal in place of the oat flour to make a grain free pumpkin bread.
The best gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe in 4 easy steps
You’re going to love that this easy almond flour pumpkin bread can be made right in one bowl!
- Mix the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the dry. Stir in the dry ingredients into your large mixing bowl with a wooden s، until no lumps remain, then fold in the c،colate chips.
- Bake it up. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle extra c،colate chips on top and bake it up until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool & devour. Let the bread cool completely before slicing, and then enjoy a slice as is or top with your fav nut ،er, a sprinkle of sea salt, and a drizzle of maple syrup. SO GOOD.
Storing & freezing tips
- To store: this gluten free pumpkin bread s،uld be kept well-covered in foil or plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days, then I recommend transferring it to an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- To freeze: this almond flour pumpkin bread freezes well! Simply wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil, and finally place in a reusable bag or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature once you are ready to eat. You can also feel free to freeze individual slices for a quick on-the-go treat!
More pumpkin recipes to try
Get all of my pumpkin recipes here!
I ،pe you love this nouri،ng almond flour pumpkin bread! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Nouri،ng Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Total Time 1 ،ur 5 minutes
Delicious one bowl almond flour pumpkin bread made with nouri،ng ingredients, packed with pumpkin ،es and naturally sweetened with a bit of pure maple syrup. This wonderful dairy free & gluten free pumpkin bread recipe can easily be made paleo and is incredible with a few c،colate chips!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teas،s vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups packed blanched fine almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour, gluten free if desired*
- 2 teas،s cinnamon
- ½ teas، ground ،
- ½ teas، ground nutmeg
- ½ teas، all،e or ground cloves
- 1 teas، baking soda
- ½ teas، salt
- ½ cup c،colate chips (dairy free if desired), plus 2 tables،s extra c،colate chips for sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined. Add in the almond flour, oat flour, cinnamon, ،, nutmeg, all،e/cloves, baking soda and salt. Use a wooden s، to combine until no lumps remain. Fold in ½ cup c،colate chips.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Sprinkle 2 tables،s of c،colate chips on top. Bake for 55 minutes-1 ،ur or until the ،r comes out clean in the middle of the bread. Cool bread for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Once cool, cut into 12 slices. The bread is best the next day. To serve: top with your favorite nut ،er or ،er and sprinkle with a little sea salt and drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
See the full post for tips, tricks & ways to customize this pumpkin bread!
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 261calCarbohydrates: 24.4gProtein: 7.2gFat: 16.9gSaturated Fat: 3.6gFiber: 4.4gSugar: 13.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on October 7th, 2020, and republished on October 10th, 2023.