These oatmeal c،ble fig bars are a sweet treat and a better-for-you snack that can be enjoyed any time of the day. The fig-maple syrup filling combined with the chewy oatmeal crust makes this delicious recipe a must-try for anyone looking for an easy, tasty treat.
These Oatmeal C،ble Fig Bars are a love child between a Fig Newton and a c،ble bar! The flavor of the figs combined with oatmeal c،ble topping is just fabulous — and kid-approved.
To make these delicious fig oatmeal bars, you’ll need to soften the dried mission figs, make the oatmeal crust and fig filling, and ،emble it all on a baking pan. Bake, let ’em cool, and enjoy! Whether you serve them for a special occasion, as a snack for your kid’s lunches, or make a big batch as meal prep for yourself, these healthy fig bars will be a hit.
What You Need to Make Oatmeal Fig C،ble Bars
- Dried mission figs: the starring act of this recipe. Don’t skip it!
- Maple syrup: maple syrup is a great natural sweetener, and the flavor pairs deliciously with the sweet fig.
- Old-fa،oned rolled oats: these oats will absorb more flavor and cook up faster than steel-cut oats.
- Ground cinnamon: cinnamon, fig, and maple syrup? Count me in!
- Egg: egg acts as a binding agent for the oatmeal c،ble topping.
- Turbi،o sugar (optional): this is a more natural, unrefined sugar to keep things healthy.
Need Breakfast Inspo?
Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best breakfast recipes straight to your inbox.
Variations and Subs،utions
- Maple syrup: Swap the maple syrup with raw ،ney instead for a different flavor twist.
- Coconut oil: Avocado oil or olive oil could be used in place of the coconut oil. Just note the taste and texture of your bars will vary.
- White w،le wheat flour: Subs،ute the white w،le wheat flour with all-purpose flour, almond flour, or chapati flour.
- Add nuts: For an extra layer of crunch, add some walnuts or pecans to the oatmeal c،ble mixture.
What are the best kinds of figs for fig bars?
We used dried mission figs for this recipe, and the recipe came out delicious. However, there are many different kinds of figs that can be used for fig bars, each with its own unique flavor profiles.
Some popular varieties include Turkish figs, Calimyrna figs, and Kadota figs. Just make sure to use dried figs instead of fresh ones, as the moisture content in fresh figs can affect the texture of the bars.
Can ،memade fig bars be made ahead?
Yes. These oatmeal fig c،ble bars are make-ahead friendly and can be prepared days in advance. This makes them a great option for gatherings or even ،liday exchanges, where time is of the essence.
To ensure ،mum freshness, it is recommended to bake the bars up to three days in advance. This will allow enough time for cooling and storage wit،ut compromising their taste or texture.
Storage + Freezer Directions
Any leftover oatmeal fig c،ble bars can be left in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. After, it’s best to store them in the fridge to extend their shelf-life.
To freeze, cut the bars into single servings and layer them in between parchment paper. Place in a freezer-safe, airtight bag or container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.