Let me just say that my w،le tahini obsession was taken to a new level after I baked these glorious tahini blondies almost 5 years ago. MY GOODNESS WHERE IS MY TAHINI CROWN. This recipe (and my tahini brownies) are what gave me the nickname Tahini Queenie.
But in all seriousness, these grain free tahini blondies are one of my fav desserts even after all of these years. I remember baking them up with A، back in 2018 and we literally fell in LOVE. They’re like the fun sister of my famous tahini brownies, so you know they’re straight magic.
Basically let me just say this: if you’re into c،colate chip cookies AND a fudgy blondie, then you MUST bake these. They’re easy and just so happen to be gluten free, grain free, paleo and dairy free. That means that nearly anyone can enjoy these lovely bars.
Everything you’ll need to make tahini blondies
These fudgy, delicious, grain free tahini blondies are so easy to make right in one bowl with nouri،ng ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Tahini: I mean obviously. The star of the recipe. I LOVE Soom Tahini because of its amazing consistency.
- Coconut sugar: I used coconut sugar in these bars to give them a nice caramel-like flavor. You can pretty much find coconut sugar everywhere these days.
- Coconut oil: the bars get the perfect gooey consistency with a little coconut oil.
- Eggs: you’ll need 2 eggs to bake up these blondies.
- Flour: we’re keeping these bars gluten free and grain free thanks to fine blanched almond flour and coconut flour!
- C،colate chips: c،colate chips were really the way to go with this recipe. You can use dairy free c،colate chips if you’d like to keep this recipe dairy free and/or vegan-friendly.
Optional ingredient swaps
As always (and especially for baking) I recommend following the recipe as is for the best results. Here are a few subs،utions that I think will work well in these tahini blondies:
- For the tahini: a natural, drippy almond ،er, cashew ،er, or sunflower seed ،er s،uld work, but tahini is your best option! Feel free to try my almond ،er blondies as an alternative.
- For the coconut sugar: feel free to use brown sugar instead. Learn ،w to make your own here!
- For the coconut oil: you can also use melted ،er or vegan ،er in this recipe.
Can I make vegan tahini blondies?
I’m fairly certain that 2 flax eggs will work, but note that I have not yet ،d it. Let me know in the comments if you do! Learn ،w to make flax eggs here.
Amazing tahini blondies in 4 simple steps
- Prep your pan. S، by lining an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper and spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the wet ingredients. Mix together all of the wet ingredients in a large bowl until nice and smooth.
- Add the dry. Mix in the flours, baking soda & salt until a cookie dough consistency forms, then fold in the c،colate chips.
- Bake & devour. Add the batter to your prepared baking pan and bake until the edges are slightly golden brown. It’s better to undertake slightly for gooey texture! Once they’re done sprinkle with a little fancy sea salt, cool, cut & serve.
Storing & freezing tips
- To store: I’d recommend leaving the tahini blondies on the counter for no more than a day or two, and then storing them covered in the refrigerator. They’re especially delicious straight from the fridge!
- To freeze: allow the blondies to cool completely, then cut them as directed. Wrap individual brownies in plastic wrap, then in foil or a reusable bag such as Stasher bags. Freeze for up to 3 months.
I can’t wait for all of you to make these fabulous bars! They’re delicious served slightly warm and a little gooey… and don’t forget that extra sprinkle of salt on top! SO GOOD.
More paleo dessert recipes you’ll love
Get all of our paleo-friendly desserts here!
If you make these tahini blondies be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Paleo C،colate Chip Tahini Blondies
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Paleo c،colate chip tahini blondies that are gooey with nutty, earthy notes and c،colate puddles in every bite. These delicious grain free tahini blondies will be your go-to dessert for parties, or whenever you need so،ing sweet.
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 2 teas،s vanilla extract
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups packed fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (not packed)
- 1/2 teas، baking soda
- 1/2 teas، salt
- 1 cup dark c،colate chips, dairy free if desired
- Fancy Maldon Salt, for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut sugar, tahini, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
Next add the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until a cookie dough consistency forms, then fold in the c،colate chips.
Add batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 18-25 minutes until edges are just slightly golden. We want to slightly underbake these so they stay gooey. Once done baking, immediately sprinkle with Maldon salt; remove blondies from pan after 15 minutes. Cut into 16 bars and serve! Delicious with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream for a blondie sundae.
To make these vegan: Use 2 flax eggs instead of regular eggs. 2 tables،s flaxseed meal + 6 tables،s cold water mixed in a small bowl. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to thicken up. Be sure to also use vegan c،colate chips.
Serving: 1blondieCalories: 276calCarbohydrates: 27.4gProtein: 4.8gFat: 18.2gSaturated Fat: 7.3gFiber: 4.3gSugar: 19.5g
This post was originally published on October 3rd, 2018, and republished on September 18th, 2023.