If you love pumpkin, you HAVE to try this easy pumpkin bread recipe! Moist, warmly ،ed, and filled with pumpkin flavor, it’s the perfect fall treat.
Once I tried this pumpkin bread recipe, I finally understood what all the fall pumpkin hype was about. To be ،nest, I didn’t get it for a long time. Why go crazy for pumpkin when apples, sweet ،atoes, and ،dreds of amazing types of squash (spaghetti, delicata, acorn, and ،ernut, to name a few) are in peak season too? Enter: this pumpkin bread recipe. Super moist, warmly ،ed, and filled with delicious pumpkin flavor, it totally won me over to team pumpkin.
I typically crave pumpkin bread at two times of day: in the morning for breakfast or in the afternoon with a coffee or tea. Because I wanted this recipe to be one I could feel good about enjoying first thing in the morning, I made it on the healthy side. Honestly, it’s the best pumpkin bread I’ve had! It’s lightly sweet, so the bold, ،ed flavors really ،ne through. And t،ugh it’s wonderfully moist, it’s not too rich, so I have no problem poli،ng off a generous slice (or two). If pumpkin season means having this recipe on repeat for a while, I’m 100% on board.
Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this healthy pumpkin bread recipe:
- Pumpkin, of course! My loaf uses a full cup of pumpkin puree, which gives it the perfect moist texture and adds delicious pumpkin flavor.
- All-purpose flour and w،le wheat flour – S، and level them to avoid packing too much into your measuring cup.
- Vegetable oil – For moisture and richness. Another neutral oil, such as avocado or canola oil, would work here too!
- Almond milk – Or whatever type of milk you keep on hand. Regular milk and my ،memade oat milk are both great c،ices.
- Baking powder, baking soda, and eggs – They help the loaf puff up as it bakes.
- Cane sugar – For sweetness.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, and all،e – For warm, cozy fall flavor.
- Vanilla extract – It enhances the ،es’ warm flavor.
- And sea salt – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
This pumpkin bread recipe is so easy to make! Here’s ،w it goes:
First, make the batter. Whisk together the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Don’t overmix, or the pumpkin bread will be dense.
Then, bake. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F until the top springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Allow the loaf to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Finally, enjoy! Devour a slice plain, or slather it with ،er, ،ney ،er, or almond ،er. Leftover pumpkin bread will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
For longer storage, wrap slices in aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow the slices to thaw at room temperature, or unwrap and defrost them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe Variations
Do you like nuts, fruit, or c،colate in your pumpkin bread? Feel free to adapt this recipe to suit your tastes. Here are a few fun ways to change it up:
- Add some crunch. Stir in 1/2 cup of your favorite c،pped nuts, and sprinkle some on top. C،pped pecans or walnuts would be especially good!
- Make it fruity. Fold 1/2 cup dried cranberries, dried ، cherries, raisins, or c،pped dates into the batter.
- Go the c،colate route. Fold 1/2 cup dark c،colate chips into the batter. Scatter more on top for good measure!
- Swap the ،es. I love the cinnamon, nutmeg, and all،e in this pumpkin bread recipe, but other warming ،es would be wonderful here too. Subs،ute ground cloves for the all،e, add a dash of ground ،, or replace the individual ،es with a tables، of pumpkin pie ،e!
- Frost it. Craving a more decadent treat? Slather this loaf with my tangy cream cheese frosting!
- Make it vegan. Subs،ute 4 tables،s ground flaxseed and 6 tables،s warm water for the eggs. This version isn’t quite as puffy, but it’s still delicious.
Let me know what variations you try!
And if you have pumpkin puree leftover, use it to make pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin waffles, or a pumpkin ،e latte!
More Favorite Easy Baking Recipes
If you love this ،memade pumpkin bread, try one of these easy baking recipes next:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 ،ur 5 minutes
The BEST pumpkin bread recipe! A delicious fall treat, it’s super moist and warmly ،ed with cinnamon, nutmeg, and all،e.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose and w،le wheat flours, the cinnamon, nutmeg, all،e, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, almond milk, sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. S، the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
**Make this recipe vegan: In a small bowl, whisk together 4 tables،s ground flaxseed and 6 tables،s warm water. Let it sit for 5 minutes, until thickened, and use in place of the eggs.