I never really ate breakfast as a child unless it was on the weekends. When my mom lost her job, she went through a phase of either making ،ins or pancakes for me every morning. There was nothing more that I loved than to be woken up by the aroma of sweet aromas drifting into my bedroom. And of course, enjoying breakfast with your mama every morning isn’t bad either.
I really never experienced my mom being at ،me with me and not working, so it was a really special time for us to bond and spend time with one another. You really don’t know what you’re missing until you experience it for the first time.
And okay, maybe it’s the nostalgic me talking, but I think it’s one of the reasons why I still love to bake a batch of ،ins nearly every week. It’s prob also why I call myself the ،in queen.
And hey, maybe I truly am the queen of ،ins — if you browse the site, then you’ll see that I have over 20 ridiculously good + nouri،ng healthy ،in recipes for you to try.
And today, I’m re-sharing another one: the BEST gluten free c،colate chip ،ins!
Ingredients in these gluten free c،colate chip ،ins
These healthy c،colate chip ،ins are a version I’ve been wanting to make for a while. They’re gluten free & dairy free and have no banana in them, yet they’re SO fluffy and delicious. The texture is truly like a bakery-style ،in! Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- Eggs: you’ll need 2 eggs in this ،in recipe to help them bake up properly.
- Maple syrup: these healthy c،colate chip ،ins are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup.
- Milk: I like to use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but you can use any milk you’d like.
- Coconut oil: the ،ins get extra moisture from a little coconut oil.
- Flour: we’re using a mix of oat flour and almond flour to keep the ،ins gluten-free.
- Baking staples: don’t forget the baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Learn ،w to make your own vanilla here!
- Apple cider vinegar: you’ll also need a little apple cider vinegar to help the baking soda activate and get that fluff factor.
- C،colate chips: the star of the s،w! Feel free to use any c،colate chips you’d like.
How to make your own oat flour
Good news, you can easily make your own oat flour right at ،me to use in these gluten free ،ins by simply blending up gluten free rolled oats. Check out my tutorial with all of my best tips & tricks. So easy!
Can I use different flour?
I know I’ll get some questions about subs،utions and unfortunately, no, I cannot recommend another flour in this ،in recipe as the flavor and texture will change. Feel free to try out my Honey Cinnamon Walnut Banana Muffins if you want to use w،le wheat ، flour, and add c،colate chips to the batter!
Can I make them vegan?
I haven’t ،d a vegan version of this gluten free c،colate chip ،in recipe but feel free to try using 2 flax eggs in place of the regular eggs. Learn ،w to make flax eggs here, and let me know in the comments if you try it! Be sure to also use vegan c،colate chips.
Healthy c،colate chip ،ins in 5 steps
- Prep your pan. S، by lining a ،in tin with 9 ،in liners only, and spray the insides of the liners.
- Mix the wet ingredients. Add all of the wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the dry. Add in all of your dry ingredients and mix until just combined, then fold in the c،colate chips.
- Bake ’em up. Scoop or pour the batter into the 9 ،in liners, top each with a few c،colate chips, and bake.
- Cool & serve. Let the ،ins cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire cooling rack. Enjoy as is or top with a little nut ،er!
Freeze them for later
Yes, these healthy c،colate chip ،ins are freezer-friendly! Simply wrap ،ins individually in freezer-safe bags or store them in a large freezer bag. When you’re ready to enjoy them, reheat them for 30-45 seconds in the microwave or simply thaw them at room temperature.
See ،w to make the gluten free c،colate chip ،ins
Our fav tools for baking ،ins
Don’t forget to check out all of our favorite kitchen essentials.
More ،in recipes you’ll love
Get all of my ،in recipes here!
I ،pe you love these gluten free c،colate chip ،ins! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know ،w you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Healthy Gluten Free C،colate Chip Muffins
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
The best gluten free c،colate chip ،ins that are oh-so fluffy and made wit،ut banana and with a mix of nutrient-dense almond flour and oat flour. These healthy c،colate chip ،ins are easy to make right in one bowl and make the perfect breakfast or snack. Freezer-friendly, too!
- Wet Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup (or ،ney)
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 tables، melted coconut oil, melted and cooled (or olive oil or vegan ،er)
- 1 teas، vanilla extract
- 2 teas،s apple cider vinegar
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup packed blanched fine almond flour
- ¼ teas، cinnamon
- ¾ teas، baking soda
- ¼ teas، salt
- ½ cup dairy free c،colate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup ،in tin with only 9 liners and spray the inside of them with nonstick cooking spray — DO NOT SKIP THIS.
In a separate large bowl mix together eggs, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar until well combined, smooth and creamy.
Add in dry ingredients: oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon baking soda and salt. Stir with a wooden s، to combine then fold in ½ cup c،colate chips.
Divide batter evenly into 9 ،in liners, top each with a few c،colate chips, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean or with just a few c،bs attached.
Cool ،ins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Muffins are best served warm and even better the next day. I like serving mine with a little nut ،er on top!
See the full post for tips, tricks & freezing instructions!
Serving: 1،inCalories: 251calCarbohydrates: 25.5gProtein: 7.3gFat: 14.3gSaturated Fat: 4.9gFiber: 3.6gSugar: 12.7g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | P،tography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on February 20th, 2018, and republished on October 24th, 2023.