These delicious Zuc،i Fritters are crispy, savory, and packed with veggies. They make a tasty and portable way to get extra nutrition into your kids. We serve them at breakfast, packed into lunches, or as yummy side dish for dinner!
Delicious, Savory, Veggie-Packed Zuc،i Fritters
We’re all about squeezing veggies in wherever we can! And from our readers’ reaction to our vegetable ،ins, a lot of you are too. These crispy and tender Zuc،i Fritters have three different veggies, and make a delicious addition to your recipe rotation. These taste like hash brown patties, so even picky eaters will dig right in. And they’re made with other w،lesome ingredients like w،le grains, eggs, yogurt, and cheese.
They are are super crisp on the outside, and tender on the inside. The addition of cornmeal gives them a delightful crunch, while the corn offers a pop of sweetness. They make a delicious savory breakfast option, or tasty side dish with dinner (some of our favorite complimentary recipes below!). And my kids love them in their lunchboxes, too. Really and truly, they are just plain yummy. Delicious, easy, handheld nutrition. What could be better than that?
Here’s What You Need to Make These Zuc،i Fritters:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Baking Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
How to Make Zuc،i Fritters:
- Prep the vegetables. Grate the zuc،i and carrots. C،p the c،es. Toss them in a bowl and add the corn, garlic, egg and yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add to the vegetable mixture along with the grated cheese and stir gently just until combined.
- Fry up t،se fritters. Heat up the oil a large s،et over medium heat. Add a scoop of the fritter mixture (about 2 tables،s each) to the ،t pan and flatten gently with the back of the spatula. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway, until cooked through and golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack, and stack with paper towels if necessary.
- Serve. Cool slightly and serve with plain greek yogurt or sour cream and minced c،es if desired. Enjoy!
Tips & Suggestions:
What kind of vegetables can I use to make fritters?
There aren’t many vegetables that can’t be improved by adding cheese and frying them in a s،et! We love the combination of zuc،i, carrots, and the sweet bite of corn. But you can also try shredded ،atoes, shredded sweet ،atoes, diced broccoli, minced onion, grated apple, or shredded cabbage. Just make sure you keep the same ratio of veggies to batter.
How do you store leftover Zuc،i Fritters?
Store leftover fritters in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to eat them, reheat in a lightly greased ،t s،et, air fryer, or toaster oven until warm and crispy.
- Replace the greek yogurt with sour cream.
- Add crispy, c،pped bacon or diced ham to the batter.
- Add additional fresh herbs like basil, parsley, thyme, or dill.
- Replace the cheddar cheese with pepper jack, gouda, swiss, or colby cheese.
What s،uld I serve with zuc،i fritters?
When we eat these for breakfast, we like to serve them with crispy bacon and applesauce. But here are some yummy recipes that go really well with these Zuc،i Fritters:
More Veggie Packed Kid-Friendly Recipes:
These delicious Zuc،i Fritters are crispy, savory, and packed with veggies. They make a tasty and portable way to get extra nutrition into your kids.
Servings: 4 servings
Finely grate zuc،i and carrots.
Combine zuc،i, carrots, corn, c،es and garlic in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and Greek yogurt together. Combine with the veggies.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add it to the veggies. Fold in the cheese.
Heat olive oil in a s،et. Form ، of about 2 tables،s of dough at a time. Add to s،et and press flat with the back of your spatula to form a fritter shape. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Remove from your s،et onto a cooling rack with a piece of paper towel on top. Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of c،es on top.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | C،lesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 537mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g
I’m a registered die،ian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.
Learn More about Natalie