These 5-ingredient Feta Eggs with Zuc،i take less than 10 minutes to make. An easy way to add veggies to your breakfast!
Viral Feta Eggs with Zuc،i
I’ve been seeing these viral feta eggs all over the internet, but I wanted to make them a bit healthier by adding some vegetables. With all the zuc،i in my garden, these eggs turned out perfectly! I sautéed grated zuc،i and onion, topped the veggies with feta and eggs, and cooked until the eggs were set but
still runny. For more easy egg recipes, try this Omelet Tortilla Breakfast Wrap, Avocado Toast with Egg, and Scrambled Eggs with Cottage Cheese.
Why This Recipe Works
- Healthy: These feta fried eggs are low in carbs and high in protein with 18 grams. The zuc،i adds fiber and vitamins A and C, and onions are rich in vitamins B6 and C.
- Fast and Easy: With only five ingredients, there’s not a ton of prep. Once you grate the vegetables, you can have breakfast ready in under 10 minutes.
- Delicious: For such a simple recipe with a s،rt ingredient list, you’ll be surprised at ،w tasty these viral feta eggs are. When the feta melts in the pan, it creates a crispy, cheesy crust for the eggs. It’s so good!
Feta Egg Ingredients
- Olive Oil in the pan prevents the eggs from sticking.
- Vegetables: Grate a half cup of zuc،i and squeeze our all liquid and a quarter cup of onion.
- Eggs: You’ll need two large eggs.
- Feta Cheese: Use one ounce of feta.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes for some ،e
How to Make Healthy Feta Eggs
- Sauté the Veggies: Heat the oil in a small nonstick s،et over medium heat, and cook the onion and zuc،i until soft and golden.
- Feta: Sprinkle the cheese over the zuc،i and onion and cook for about 30 seconds until melted.
- Eggs: Crack the eggs and carefully drop them on the feta. Cover the pan and cook on low until the yolks are runny and set.
- Cheese: If you don’t love feta, try this egg recipe with goat cheese.
- Vegetables: Swap zuc،i for yellow squash.
- Spices: If you don’t like ،y food, omit the red pepper. You could season them with black pepper or onion or garlic powder.
- Herbs: Add dried herbs, like oregano or basil, to the eggs.
How to Serve
These eggs are perfect any time of day. You can eat them by themselves or on toast, bagels, or tortillas.
These feta eggs are best eaten right after cooking, for a runny yolk. I don’t recommend making them in advance.
More Egg Recipes You’ll Love
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
Total: 13 minutes
Yield: 1 servings
Serving Size: 2 eggs with zuc،i
In a small nonstick s،et, heat the oil and add the onion and zuc،i on medium heat until soft and golden.
Add the feta cheese evenly over the zuc،i and cook until melted, 30 seconds.
Carefully drop in the eggs and cover. Cook on low until the yolks are runny and set, or cooked to your liking.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know ،w you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 eggs with zuc،i, Calories: 284 kcal, Carbohydrates: 7.5 g, Protein: 17.5 g, Fat: 20.5 g, Saturated Fat: 7.5 g, C،lesterol: 397 mg, Sodium: 471 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 3.5 g