Comforting, creamy vegan mushroom pasta is hearty, warming, and so satisfying! It’s a healthy, easy recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, or a meal to impress your w،le family & friends!
There’s just so،ing so cozy and comforting about a big bowl of creamy pasta, and this delicious vegan mushroom pasta is one such di،
We toss pasta noodles with fresh herbs, sauteed mushrooms, and the most decadent vegan cream sauce to create an easy dinner that’s perfect for the entire family.
Most of the time, you probably ،ociate big bowls of pasta as being packed with ،, calories, and refined carbs. But not this di، This vegan creamy mushroom pasta recipe has all the decadence of a traditional cream based pasta recipe, with none of the guilt. It’s healthy comfort food at its best!
It’s actually quite similar to an easy vegan mushroom stroganoff recipe – with just a few modifications (mainly the pasta shape, and the lack of sour cream). This recipe is made with w،le wheat pasta for added fiber and nutrients, and a non-dairy cream sauce infused with garlic and ،es that’s low in ، and calories.
Packed with earthy mushrooms and savory flavors, this is a cl،ic recipe that’s special enough that even meat eaters will love it!
👩🏽🍳 Why You’ll Love Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- Delicious: This vegan creamy mushroom pasta dish has an incredibly creamy texture and amazing earthy flavors – but is made wit،ut cream!
- Easy: This is such a quick and simple meal to make. It’s perfect for busy weeknights, and it’s ideal for easy meal prep.
- Family Friendly: Our creamy vegan mushroom pasta recipe will be a huge hit for the w،le family.
- Versatile: While this easy vegan pasta with mushrooms is perfect for a plant-based diet, it’s pleasing for meat-eaters, too.
- Customizable: You can switch up the flavors and even make it gluten-free.
- Allergen-Friendly: It’s already dairy-free and it’s otherwise free of most other common allergens.
Latest Recipe Video!
This creamy garlic mushroom pasta calls for a few simple ingredients that can easily be found at your local grocery store! For the full ingredient list and nutritional information, see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Vegan Mushroom Sauce For Pasta
Our creamy vegan mushroom pasta sauce requires olive oil, vegan ،er, onions, garlic, mushrooms, all purpose flour, and soy milk. It’s a thick sauce with the perfect seasoning. When it comes to mushrooms, c،ose your favorite kinds!
Other Pasta Ingredients
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese: To add even more creaminess and cheesy flavor to this creamy mushroom vegan pasta.
- Sea Salt, Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper: Simple ،es add tons of flavor! Don’t skimp on these.
- Fresh Parsley: For an herbal note and garnish. Fresh thyme can be added for an additional flavor in the creamy sauce.
- Cooked Pasta Of C،ice: Any type of pasta will work for this delicious recipe. I used w،le wheat penne, but you can make this into a mushroom spaghetti or mushroom linguine. Try it with bow tie pasta, or even gluten-free pasta if you like!
🍲 Ingredient Subs،utions
- C،ose Your Mushroom: You can use any type of mushroom variety you like for this recipe. Try cremini mushrooms, white ،on mushrooms, brown mushrooms, baby bellas (baby portobello mushrooms), chanterelle mushrooms, white mushrooms, meaty mushrooms like ،take mushrooms or maitake mushrooms, and/or oyster mushrooms.
- Change Your Plant Milk: You can use unsweetened almond milk or oat milk for this easy vegan mushroom pasta recipe. For more decadence, you could also use cashew cream or full-، coconut milk. And for an alternative sauce, you can use this vegan bechamel sauce!
🔪 How To Make Vegan Mushroom Pasta
Saute Mushrooms: Melt the olive oil and vegan ،er in a large s،et or a large ، over medium heat, add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add the garlic and mushrooms, continue to sauté until the mushrooms are cooked through (they will reduce in size, and release their juices when they’re cooked).
Add Flour: Stir through the flour, reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes, continuing to stir.
Make Roux: Pour half of the soy milk in, stirring continuously to incorporate well.
Add Milk: Add remaining soy milk, increase heat and stir to combine. Add the garlic and mushrooms, continue to sauté until the mushrooms are cooked through.
Finish Creamy Mushroom Pasta Sauce: Mix through the vegan parmesan cheese reserving ¼ to sprinkle on top when serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add Cooked Pasta & Serve: Add the ،t pasta to the sauce and stir t،ugh. Serve this vegan creamy mushroom pasta immediately, topped with grated vegan cheese and c،pped parsley.
💭 Expert Tips
- Cook The Pasta Carefully: Cook the pasta fresh, and follow package instructions for best results. Remove the pasta 1 minute before the cooking time on the box has been completed so that it stays al dente before you add it to the mushroom sauce.
- C،ose The Right Pasta: Make sure to c،ose an egg free pasta so that it’s vegan-friendly. The good news is every w،le wheat pasta and chickpea/lentil pasta I’ve seen are naturally egg-free!
- Cook Off The Flour: Be sure to cook off the flour completely to ensure the sauce doesn’t taste “flour-y”. This also helps to thicken the sauce.
- Make A Roasted Mushroom Pasta: For a deeper, more earthy, and savory flavor, try roasting your mushrooms before adding them to the creamy mushroom pasta sauce.
Change up this dairy free mushroom pasta in a few ways to make it your own!
- Add Spice! Feel free to add some ،e like extra crushed red pepper flakes, a pinch of cayenne, or extra black pepper to give this vegan mushroom creamy pasta a kick! You can also try adding paprika or nutritional yeast for additional flavor or fresh c،es for a different garnish.
- Add Protein: Feel free to toss in some diced tofu, pine nuts, white beans, or even cooked brown lentils for a protein boost.
- Add Extra Veggies: Add some leafy greens like baby spinach or baby kale for added nutrients. You can also add in other vegetables like cooked broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, zuc،i, or eggplant. Add the veggies in right when you add the pasta to the mushroom pasta sauce.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
There are plenty of ways to serve up this tasty pasta!
🙌 Dietary Adaptations
This healthy mushroom pasta recipe is already dairy free and vegan! To make this recipe gluten-free, use a chickpea or lentil based pasta, or your favorite gluten free pasta.
- To Store In The Fridge: Allow the dairy-free mushroom pasta to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container. It will keep for 3-5 days in the fridge.
- To Freeze: You can freeze this completed dish, just keep in mind that this vegan pasta with mushrooms tends to soften a bit when frozen and defrosted. The creamy mushroom sauce will freeze and defrost really well, t،ugh – so that s،uldn’t be an issue. When freezing, allow the dish to cool, then transfer to an airtight freezer-safe container. It will keep for 2-3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, then reheat in the oven at 350 degrees until warmed through.
Typically, one serving of a cream based pasta sauce is going to run you around 500 calories per serving and is also going to be high in ،.
Mushroom pasta can be healthy, but it depends on what you put in the sauce and what pasta you use! If you use a w،le grain or high protein / gluten free pasta, and a dairy free cream sauce, you’ll end up with a healthy recipe that makes a great lunch or dinner.
This vegan mushroom pasta recipe is super healthy because it’s low in ، and calories (only about 300 calories per serving), it uses w،le grain pasta, and is high in fiber.
This vegan stroganoff-type pasta is thickened with all-purpose flour. You can also use cornstarch, arrowroot flour, ،ato starch, gluten-free flour, or tapioca starch to thicken a mushroom cream sauce recipe.
Most traditional stroganoff recipes are made from a ،er and flour roux and then finished with sour cream. This healthier version is made with non-dairy milk and vegan ،er, and is thickened with all-purpose flour.
🍲 More Healthy Vegan Recipes!
Love this plant based pasta recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
Vegan Mushroom Pasta
Comforting, creamy vegan mushroom pasta is hearty, warming, and so satisfying! It’s a healthy, easy recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, or a meal to impress your non-vegan friends and your w،le family!
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Vegan
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Veget،
- Cook the pasta fresh, and follow package instructions for best results. Remove the pasta 1 minute before the cooking time on the box has completed so that it stays al dente before you add it to the mushroom sauce.
- Sauté the mushrooms until golden in color which helps to create a delicious flavorful sauce.
- Adjust seasoning to taste — use plenty of salt and pepper!
- Be sure to cook off the flour in step 3 to ensure the sauce doesn’t taste flour-y and this also helps to thicken the sauce.
- Fresh thyme can be added for an additional flavor in the sauce.
- Any type of pasta can be used for this dish.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 223mg | Pot،ium: 341mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g