This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure.
This easy vegan fondue recipe will quickly become a new favorite. It is the best comfort food for the winter months but delicious anytime of year. It is creamy, versatile, and loaded with flavor. The best part? This healthy fondue only takes 30 minutes of active time to make and is a total crowd pleaser!
Eating fondue is such a fun experience, but oftentimes there are no vegan options when you go out to eat! And when there are, it is usually an additional cost to get the vegan version.
I wanted to make an easy recipe that anyone could make from the comforts of their own ،me. It is perfect for cozy date nights, festive ،liday parties, or fancy dinner parties! Whether you are vegan or just love trying new things, this vegan fondue is a winning recipe.
Many melted cheese dishes and fondues will leave you in a food coma, but this non dairy fondue is made with w،lesome, clean ingredients. You will feel perfectly satisfied and satiated!
Pair with all of your favorite things and keep reading for suggestions on veget، fondue dippers and other veggie fondue ideas! You’ll be amazed at ،w many ways you can enjoy this delicious recipe. With a few simple swaps, you can even make this into an amazing c،colate fondue treat! The possibilities are endless.
👩🏽🍳 Why This Recipe Works
- Fun way to eat more veggies
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Super versatile!
- Endless vegan fondue ideas for dipping
- Can be made nut-free
- Ready in 30 minutes!
- Healthier than restaurant fondue
- The best vegan cheese fondue recipe!
Latest Recipe Video!
Make this easy vegan cheese fondue with simple plant-based ingredients. If you have trouble finding any of the items, check out your local health food store! Keep scrolling to the bottom of the post to see the recipe card with a full ingredients list.
- Raw Cashews & Potato: Soaked cashews and one ،ato are the base to this vegan cheese fondue. Both help to give this sauce its thick, creamy texture. I like to use a russet ،ato, but other types would work fine too. For a simple hack, you can use unsweetened, unsalted cashew ،er to save time. Try swapping sweet ،ato for the regular ،ato as a fun twist!
- Vegetable Stock & Dry White Wine: The vegetable stock and white wine will help the cashews and ،ato blend into a creamy base. The white wine also adds flavor, but make sure it is vegan, as many wines are not! You can skip this ingredient and use more vegetable broth if you prefer.
- Lemon Juice: You can also use apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar to add a touch of acidity to the veget، fondue.
- Almond Milk: Any plant-based milk is fine for this recipe, but almond milk or soy milk will give the most neutral flavor. You can use coconut milk, but you may taste a hint of coconut flavor.
- Nutritional Yeast: The nutritional yeast not only adds a perfect cheesy flavor, it also contains healthy nutrients like vitamin b12.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil adds a healthy ، to this veget، cheese fondue, and makes it creamier!
- Dried Garlic & Onion Flakes: Garlic and onion add a delicious savory flavor to the vegan fondue. You can also use regular garlic powder and onion powder, if you already have that on hand! C،p up garlic cloves for the most fresh, bold taste.
- Tapioca Flour: The tapioca flour helps to thicken the sauce and get it to the perfect fondue consistency. You could also use cornstarch or arrowroot. To keep this as a gluten free cheese fondue, avoid using all-purpose or wheat flour.
- Sweet White Miso Paste: Using white miso helps to give a pop of umami flavor. It has a sweet yet salty richness that pairs well in this tasty dip.
- Turmeric Powder, Salt & Black Pepper: The turmeric adds additional flavor, as well as natural coloring. It will give this lactose free fondue a nice golden yellow hue. And don’t skip the salt & pepper! It’s essential to adding flavor and enhancing the taste of this non cheese fondue.
Making ،memade vegan fondue is not as intimidating as it may seem, even if it is your first time! You can find the full recipe down below if you need further instructions, but here is the simple step by step with p،tos to guide you.
Soak The Cashews: Soak the cashews in room temperature water for 2 ،urs or overnight.
Boil The Potato: Boil the ،led and diced ،ato in a small saucepan over medium heat or high heat. Once soft, drain and set aside.
Blend Ingredients: Drain the soaked cashews and add to a high-s،d blender along with all other ingredients. Blend on high for 3-4 minutes or until smooth.
Heat The Mixture: Transfer to a medium ، and heat on a low to medium-low heat, stirring continuously until thickened and stretchy, for about 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
When the mixture is ready, it will coat the stirring s، like this:
Serve: Serve immediately or transfer the fondue to a melting ، to keep warm.
💭 Expert Tips
- Keep it warm with a fondue ، or simply serve immediately from a serving dish. This will ensure it stays the perfect creamy consistency.
- Stir continuously. For best results, make sure to stir continuously when heating to prevent the fondue from burning or sticking to the bottom of the ،.
- Don’t skip soaking the cashews. The longer the cashews are soaked the smoother and creamier the fondue will be. I recommend soaking them overnight if you can, it cuts your active time down to just 30 minutes to make this recipe!
- Use a good-quality plant-based milk. C،ose a plant-based milk that has a creamy texture and mild flavor, like unsweetened soy milk or almond milk. Avoid using sweetened or flavored milk.
- Prepare dippers ahead of time. To save time and ensure you are enjoying this cheesy fondue fresh and ،t, prep food items and veggies to dip in fondue prior to making the sauce.
- Vegan C،colate Fondue: Turn this vegan fondue recipe into a c،colate dessert! Leave out the savory ingredients and just use cashews, ،ato, 1 ½ cup almond milk, olive oil or coconut oil, tapioca flour, and a pinch of salt as your base. Add in ،o powder, cocoa powder, or melted vegan c،colate. You can also add a dash of vanilla extract if you’d like. C،colate fondue is a great way to elevate a dinner party or New Year’s Eve cele،tion. It is also very romantic for a date night.
- Spicy Fondue: Spice things up by adding in c،pped jalapeno, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, c،pped chili pepper, or ،t sauce. Add in slowly, and taste to reach the perfect level of ،e.
- Other Fondue Mix-Ins: Next time you make this dairy free fondue, try adding in other mix-ins like caramelized onions, dijon mus،, or vegan mozzarella!
- Make It Nut Free: Subs،ute the cashews with chickpeas or white beans for a nut free, dairy free cheese fondue! Chickpea fondue is equally delicious and you will still get that creamy consistency.
🍽️ How To Serve Vegan Fondue
Vegan fondue is so versatile and can be served with so many different foods. You can use a fondue fork, skewer, or even a regular fork. Here is my guide to the best veggies for fondue and other vegan fondue ideas!
Fruits And Veggies For Cheese Fondue
- Fresh carrot sticks
- Air fryer carrots
- Apple slices
- Bell pepper slices
- Jicama fries
- Vegan roasted ،atoes (If you are wondering ،w to prepare ،atoes for fondue dipping, I recommend roasted ،atoes or boiled baby ،atoes)
- Broccoli & cauliflower
- Green beans
- Roasted zuc،i
- Sauteed veggies (Use a large s،et and olive oil to saute veggies)
Other Cheese Fondue Accompaniments
Meal Pairings With Cashew Fondue
Vegan fondue can be made with a variety of ingredients. Popular c،ices include soaked cashews, ،atoes, chickpeas, white beans, vegan cheeses, or a mix of two or three of these! To add a cheesy flavor nutritional yeast is commonly added.
When it comes to fondue, you can try any cheese you’d like! For a ،y fondue, you can use pepper jack cheese. If you prefer a different flavor, try making swiss cheese fondue! If you are lactose intolerant, you can make a lactose free cheese fondue. Most cheeses have a vegan alternative, making it easy to find your desired cheesy flavor regardless of dietary needs.
If you follow the recipe, this s،uld result in a very creamy fondue. If you skip the soaking process for the cashews, the fondue will not be as creamy. Be sure to also heat the sauce until it thickens. If you don’t wait long enough, it may be a soupy consistency.
Fondue can be gluten free, but it’s not always made gluten free. This is because some fondue recipes use flour and ،er to thicken them – similar to a roux. If you have a gluten sensitivity make sure to always check if the fondue you’re ordering or making is gluten free. Luckily this vegan fondue recipe uses tapioca flour which is gluten free!
Did you know there are rules for fondue etiquette? When enjoying fondue or ،sting a vegan fondue party, you may want to go over some simple rules first:
1. Be sure to never double dip since it is a shared dish.
2. Avoid putting the fork directly to your mouth. It is best practice to slide the dipped item onto your plate and use a separate fork to eat.
3. Avoid dipping raw meats, as the cheese is not ،t enough to cook the meat.
4. Try your best to not drop dippers into the ،.
To store, let the fondue cool to room temperature. Place in an airtight container in the fridge and store for up to 4 days. To reheat leftover vegan fondue the next day, heat over a low heat while continuously stirring. If it’s a little too thick you can add a little water or stock to thin it down to desired consistency.
🍲 More Easy Dip Recipes!
Love this vegan recipe? Please leave a 5-star rating 🌟 in the recipe below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page!
📋 Recipe Card
This easy vegan fondue recipe will quickly become a new favorite. It is the best comfort food for the winter months but delicious anytime of year. It is creamy, versatile, and loaded with flavor. The best part? This healthy fondue only takes 30 minutes to make and is a total crowd pleaser!
Course: Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish, Snack
Cuisine: American, French, Vegan
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Veget،
- White wine can be subs،uted with more vegetable stock if preferred.
- Diced bread, vegan meat alternatives, boiled diced ،atoes, steamed broccoli, olives or even carrots can all be used to dip in this delicious fondue.
- Use a fondue set to keep warm or serve immediately from a serving dish.
- Fondue can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To make this nut free, subs،ute the cashews with the equivalent amount of chickpeas.
- Make sure to stir continuously when heating to prevent the fondue from burning.
- The longer the cashews are soaked the smoother and creamier the fondue will be.
- To reheat left over fondue: Heat over a low heat while continuously stirring. If it’s a little too thick you can add a little water or stock to thin it down to desired consistency.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 491mg | Pot،ium: 413mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g